Legal Agreement: Terms of Service
Coworking @ The HIVE & Conference Room Rental Agreement
Bee(ing) a Good Worker Bee @ The HIVE
The HIVE is an affordable co-working space that provides visitors with a quiet area where they can concentrate on work, boosting their productivity and widening their networking circle, as well as a place for collaboration to increase creativity and innovation.
To keep The HIVE affordable and make sure everyone is on the same page, we have created the guidelines below.
To be a productive member of the hive, you must agree to the following:
- Be friendly! We are all in this together! The HIVE is a great opportunity to meet new people and expand your network!
- Co-working space is for members ONLY. It is fine to show non-members around, but this is not the place for members to hang out with non-members.
- The Co-working space is a shared space. This means we share the responsibility to keep our costs down and we hope that you will join us in making an investment in the Hive community:
- Keep things tidy and clean
- Remember that phone booths are intended for short term use during meetings only
- Keep your voice at a reasonable volume
- Lounge area doors should be kept open, except for short term use for networking purposes
- Be respectful of property, equipment, and one another
- Pick up after yourself, throw away your trash/outdated food
- Compost and recycle
- Be courteous. All cleaning supplies are there for you to use:
- If you spill it - clean it up
- If you make a mess in the sink - wipe it down
- If you use a mug/dishware - wash it
- How we RECYCLE:
- ALL FOOD can go in the compost.
- PLASTIC, PAPER, GLASS and METAL can go in recycling together; everything else goes in the trash.
- LARGE ITEMS and/or CARDBOARD are your responsibility to dispose of, do not leave them behind for us to throw away and do not put them in the trash.
- The temperature in the Hive is controlled by seasonal need. Plan accordingly for heating and cooling seasons and dress in layers.
- No Petsin the building (unless it is a service animal). We love pets, but they are prohibited from entering the building
- Keep the volume of conversations down. We suggest putting your phone on vibrate or turning off your ringer. We also have phone booths for longer phone conversations—please use them so everyone is not involved in your conversation!
- You are welcome to book The Colony Conference Room through our website if you would like to utilize this feature. DO NOTuse the conference room or its furnishings, unless you have booked it.
- On occasion there will be events held in The HIVE. We strive to give ample notice to Hive Members via the Hive group email, with posts on the chalkboard inside the Hive, and on our website calendar. We recommend checking out the events and seeing if any would be of interest to you!
DOORS & ENTRY
A Key Card will be given out upon 24/7 membership for a deposit of $20. When the key card is returned, you will be refunded your deposit. If you do not return your key, you will not be refunded your deposit. If you lose your key, we will charge you an additional $20 for a replacement. Doors are automatically unlocked at 7:45am and lock again at 5pm, Monday through Friday.
Please note that there is a $50 fee if you get locked out after hours (either out of the HIVE or out of the building). If you do get locked out, please refer to the numbers on the Emergency Sheet you have been given (also posted in the HIVE).
Hive Co-working Parking Info:
Metered city parking is available in the parking lot behind Hannah Grimes Center on Church Street and elsewhere around downtown. Here is an interactive map to help you: PARKING IN DOWNTOWN KEENE.
The 25 Roxbury Street Lot fills on a 1st come/1st serve basis. You may park in any “24/7 Green Energy Options/Hannah Grimes Center” parking space in the center ring of spaces--there are 12 available for guests, visitors, tenants, and customers. Parking anywhere else in the lot or parking in any Staff Only/Green Energy Options Only spaces shall result in your car being towed without warning and at your expense.
HIVE member agrees to indemnify and save harmless HGC for any and all injuries or damages in connection with the use of the premises by the member and the member’s guests, or invitees.
We want to hear from you! If you have ideas or suggestions to make the space better, PLEASE SHARE!
Conference Room Rental Agreement
Please read through the following guidelines for using our facility. Your acknowledgement of this form documents your understanding and agreement to uphold these policies and follow these procedures. Remember to always maintain a secure and professional environment as others may be working elsewhere in the building. Permanent tenants have 24/7 access. No activities are allowed that would create excessive noise or in any way disturb regular operations at the Hannah Grimes Center.
Hannah Grimes Center (HGC) grants to Renter and their members, guests, and invitees the right, privilege, and permission to enter into and on certain portions of the Center’s premises, located at 25 Roxbury Street, Keene, New Hampshire, to use the Room/s and Times of Use specified in their reservation communications with HGC, during the current calendar year.
Renter agrees to indemnify and save harmless HGC for any and all injuries or damages in connection with the use of the premises by the Renter and the Renter’s members, guests, or invitees. Renter also agrees to follow the guidelines as established by HGC.
- No smoking is allowed in the building or on the property, including the parking lot.
- The building is handicapped-accessible; there are two handicap parking spaces in the Church Street lot.
- Parking is limited and off-site. Please refer to the parking map for details at www.HannahGrimes.com/contact/.
- Bathrooms on the upper level are located in the entrance corridor across from the mailboxes. Bathrooms on the lower level are down the corridor to your left as you pass the kitchen.
- Please remember to turn lights off before you leave.
- For events occurring outside of business hours, arrange a time with the Operations Coordinator for doors to be opened in advance of your event to gain access and lock the building.
BUILDING SECURITY, CONT.
- Do not prop open the entrance doors under any circumstances for security and climate control purposes. There will be a fee of $100 for any door found propped open.
AUDIO / VISUAL EQUIPMENT
- Arrange a time in advance of your event to learn about and test audio/visual equipment.
- Provide your own laptop for presentation use.
- Return all A/V accessories to the designated location.
- YOU WILL BE CHARGED A FEE OF $200 OR THE REPLACEMENT COST, IF HIGHER, FOR MISSING A/V ACCESSORIES.
- Alcohol use is not allowed for events in which conference room space has been donated.
- Sale of alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited in the facility.
- Alcoholic beverages may be served upon the delivery of a certificate of insurance for the event date and time naming Hannah Grimes Center, Inc. as an additional insured. (This certificate is typically obtained from your organization’s or homeowner’s insurance carrier.)
- Catering kitchen may be used upon request. Please remember to leave the kitchen in the same condition it was found.
- Renters assume all liability and responsibility of any injuries related to cooking in the kitchen, including guests of the renter.
- If there are any issues please notify Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org or (603) 352- 5063. Please note that this number is not monitored after normal business hours, 8 am-5 pm.
- Please review the Emergency Procedures posted on the refrigerators of either the upper level or lower level kitchens.
- Use of fire, open flame or candles is absolutely prohibited.
- Unless the event is a simple meeting, please include 30-60 additional minutes in your event reservation to allow for a 15-30 minute set-up and a 15-30 minute clean-up time.
- Conference rooms must be rented for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Doors and windows are not to be used to post signage; please provide tabletop or easel signage.
- Do not place tape, nails or holes of any kind, onto any surface in the conference room. Post-it notes are allowed.
- Do not use statements or logos that imply Hannah Grimes’ sponsorship of an event.
- Food and beverages are restricted to the conference room and kitchen.
- Renter agrees to leave the premises the same state and condition in which it was found, and reset the room if furniture was moved around
- During normal business hours please let the Operations Team on the lower level, Office # 104, know that you are finished with the conference room and if you have any concerns about the condition in which room was left.
- Renter is responsible for any damage to the facility and/or contents of furniture and fixtures. All damages must be reported to HGC staff immediately via email.
- Any art or artifacts displayed at the time of this rental must not be moved or disturbed in any way.
- This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state of New Hampshire.
- Organizations or individuals, including tenants and Center members, who book a conference room and cancel more than five business days before the rental shall not be charged for the rental. If a cancellation takes place within five business days of the rental, the individual or business booking the rental shall be charged the full rental rate. For someone booking within the five-day window and then cancelling, the full rental rate shall be charged, even if the renter does not utilize the space or does not utilize it for the full amount of time.
I have read and agree to uphold these Policies & Procedures of the Hannah Grimes Center as specified above.